Click on the Image above to open a Panorama Tour in a New Window
Click and Drag on the Panorama to move around
Click the tab at the top left for a New Panorama
Click the Full Screen button to go Full Screen
The remains of Scottish poet Robert Burns (1759-1796) lie in the vault of a Grecian style mausoleum in the south eastern corner of Saint Michael’s Churchyard, Dumfries. The mausoleum was built by public subscription about 18 years after his death and his grave moved here (1815) from its original position in the north eastern corner, along with the graves of 2 of his deceased young sons who had died shortly after Burns. His wife Jean Armour also was interred here in 1834, and later, other members of his immediate family.